Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Episode 1 part 3

So, http://twitpic.com/n540u

The steak had arrived. Sirloin with mushroom and Stilton sauce. Had to hunt for the Stilton in the sauce and the steak was a little tough.

At least while chewing I had time to plan my route to the Roman Baths.

My phone being a GPS was fairly good but I stopped for a smoke in a park so it took me about an hour to get there. I posted http://twitpic.com/n5bcs to show I was there and paid £11 to get in! Yes, £11. I didn't think it would be worth it but thanks to the audio tour technology it was a great experience! (Even though my back STILL hurt from the wasp stings!)

When you have paid you get directed to collect your Equipment, that turns out to be what looks like a mobile phone with a neck strap. "Press 1 when you get outside and listen." They said.

After getting outside and pressing 1 I got a lengthy explanation that basically said, "If you see a number on something you like press it and listen!" Such a simple but effective system. There were all sorts of labels, some for kids, some technical almost hidden away, even an adio tour by Bill Bryson.

There was even an option as if I were in Starship Troopers on many of the audio descriptions.... "Do you Want To Know More?"

All in all a very enlightening and interesting hour and a half or so. I would suggest going if you get the chance.

Unfortunately I had NO signal during my tour of the Roman baths apart from when I was in the courtyard rather than undergroung in actual workings of the place so the only proof I had was http://twitpic.com/n5gpb

After leaving the Baths I was all ready for more adventure, got a phone signal and checked messages. A few Tweets and a Txt inviting me to a pub quiz. I tweeted "Baths were good what next?" and waited. And waited.

After 20 mins I checked the Txt and realised I was invited to a pub quiz.

Pub quiz vs sitting staring at my phone, waiting in a strange city, for people I don't really know to possibly give me something to do? I chose the quiz.

Train station, Train, on the train I remembered @GreenKermit had said "
Your mission is to somehow get your hands on a strawberry ice cream cone!!" and that was the only request I hadn't fulfilled.

I found http://twitpic.com/n5reg in a petrol station between the station and home!

That about sums up Episode 1. Episode 2 MAY still be this year but don't hold me to that.

Episode 1 was fun but Episode 2 should be far better!

Hopefully it will be soon.

x

1 comment: